- Practice writing F& L names
- Letter focus: Review Letters & Sounds
- Review Blue Sight Word List
- Recognize the attributes of a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter and identify the number of pennies equivalent to a nickel, a dime, and a quarter
- Presidents Day/National Symbols
Aniyah 2/8 and Ms. Burton 2/28
· Review Rainbow Sight Words
· Read Nightly and Return R.E.D. Folders Weekly
· Homework Practice Sheets are due on Fridays
· Please send in one small snack daily
· 2/2-Groundhog Day
· 2/14-Valentine Exchange
· 2/15-Parent/Teacher Conferences
· 2/16-No School/Teacher Workday
· 2/19-No School/President’s Day
· 3/2-Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
Questions/Concerns? Email me at email@example.com, call 804-596- 2391, or place a note in your child’s folder. Thank you for your continued support!!!
*Welcome Back and Happy New Year!!!
Reading/Writing: Practice writing F & L Names, Review Green Sight Word List/Begin Blue Sight Words
Math: Count, recognize, and write numbers 0-20. Recognize and describe part whole relationship up to 5.
SS: MLK History/George Washington/Abe Lincoln
Science: Animals in Winter/Seasonal Change
· Review Rainbow Sight Words
· Read Nightly & Return R.E.D. Folders Weekly
· Please make sure your child is at school by 8:40 each day
· 1/12-Report Cards Issued
· 1/15-MLK Holiday/No School
· 1/24-100th Day of School (Depending on school closures)
*Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 804-596- 2391, place a note in your child’s folder, or contact me through the Bloomz App. Thank you for your continued support!
Reading/Writing: Practice writing names, Letter focus: y, x, z, q, Review Yellow Sight Word List
Math: Comparing objects by longer/shorter, heavier/lighter, more/less-Identifying one more than any given number to 100 and identifying one less than a given number to 10.
Science: Changes overtime
This Month Happy Birthday to… Mrs. Isel 11/18
· Practice Letters/Sounds/Sight Words
· Homework practice sheets are due every FridayJ
· Please send in one snack daily
· Nov. 7th– No School/Teacher Workday
· Nov. 16th-Interims issued
· Nov. 22nd-24th-No School/Thanksgiving Break
Have a Safe and Happy ThanksgivingJ
Questions/Concerns? Please email me at email@example.com, call 804-596- 2391, or place a note in your child’s folder. Thank you for your continued support!
PALS Testing Begins May 1st
Students are also completing Fountas and Pinnell Testing (It is important that they are at school on time each day)
May 19th Very Special Show and Tell (Items must be school appropriate and fit in the student’s book bag).
May 20th Water Day- Volunteers will be needed. *More information will be sent home soon.
May 23rd Year End Celebration @ 2:30 in Mrs. Isel’s Classroom. Invitation will be coming soon.
For a complete list of our end of the year events please click: ABC Countdown
Reading/Writing: Students will write 2-3 sentences about a topic, review all sight words and word family words.
Math: Students will counting orally 0-100 and recognize one more and one less than a given number
SS: Students will learn about the history of Betsy Ross and Independence Day
Science: Students will recognize and indentify the Butterfly, Frog, & Plant Lifecycles
*Practice Letters/Sounds/Spelling CVC Word Families
*Review Rainbow Sight Words
May Birthdays: Taylor
Summer Birthdays: Jordan, Amelia, Riley, & Tamaira
Questions/Concerns??? You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 804-596- 2391, or place a note in your child’s folder. Visit my website at hisel.blogs.ccps.us. Thank you for your continued support. You play the most important role in your child’s success. Thank you for a wonderful school year!